IDC is seeking to engage a Prototype Engineer on a full time basis to undertake the manufacturing and assembly of parts for prototypes, fixtures, test rigs and batch-produced products to precision tolerances and in a range of engineering metals and plastics.
Required skills include:-
- 3 axis CNC machining experience in a range of materials which must include considerable experience machining Stainless Steel and exotic metals and also engineering plastics
- Programming for 3 axis machining using Delcam Powermill
- Experienced in traditional machine shop practices (milling, turning etc.) and able to produce precision work using manual machining equipment
- Fully conversant with drawing standards and able to read engineering drawings.
Additional capabilities of benefit might include:-
- Experience working under a formal quality system (ISO 9001 or ISO 13485)
- CNC turning and programming in Alphacam
- Other modelmaking skills including, vacuum forming, pattern making, vacuum casting, finishing and spraying.
PAYE salary negotiable and based on experience and skill level and includes benefits. The successful candidate will be required to work a three month probationary period.
Please send CV and references to email@example.com.