The DWx-4 is the world's smallest dental milling machine and offers practitioners in the industry precision milling capabilities, ease of use and a compact desktop footprint at a competitive price.
UK representative of the Roland Global Dental Solutions Group Peter Kettle commented: "Recently, the art of dentistry has been revolutionised by the introduction of advanced scanners, CAD/CAM software and CNC milling machines, which together automate and maximise the production of precision custom dental prosthetics.
"Larger, busier laboratories have already received the advantages from introducing digital technology in terms of accuracy, consistency and productivity. Now, with the introduction of the affordable and easy to use DWX-4, small and mid-sized labs can now benefit from the same high-precision milling technology from this compact workhorse."
The DWX-4 is designed so that even first-time users of a digital milling machine can easily create precision prosthetics. The workflow is simple. After installing the material and burrs in the machine, the operator imports the required design into the production software. After just a few clicks, the data is sent to the DWX-4. The machine will take care of tool changes while the operator moves on to the next case.
With a four-axis configuration that includes three XYZ axes and a rotary axis, the DWX-4 features an automatic tool changer (ATC) that changes milling tools as needed without interrupting the production process. Prosthetic parts such as crowns and bridges can be produced using standard block and pin-type dental materials, including Zirconia, PMMA and wax.
The DWX-4 is equipped with several features that ensure easy, flawless performance, including a status light that displays the progress of each job, and a tool-life management system that monitors tool usage and automatically notifies the user when a tool replacement is needed. An air blower prevents dust from building up in the milling area, and a negative ion generator virtually eliminates dust build-up for a clean milling area. The DWX-4 also sends users an e-mail notification of any errors, or when a job is completed.
Roland DWX-4 Features:
- Four-axis dental milling machine for easy, precise, on-demand production of crowns and bridges
- Compact size of 340 x 365 x 405 mm (13.39 x 14.37 x 15.94 in.) fits into small lab environments
- Mills standard block and pin-type materials, including Zirconia, PMMA and wax
- Easy operation with one-button touch panel
- Roland Virtual Machine Panel (VPanel) manages diagnostics, calibration and milling processes, directly from a computer
- An automatic tool changer (ATC) supports two tools for precision milling from start to finish
- Status LED light displays the progress of each job
- Integrated air blower keeps milling area clean
- Negative ion generator prevents excessive dust buildup when milling PMMA
- Open architecture allows the DWX-4 to work with the latest materials and CAD/CAM software
- Up to four Roland dental milling machines can be controlled from a single PC.