3Dconnexion has today (October 1st) announced the release of the world's first wireless 3D mouse, an innovation that delivers natural and intuitive 3D navigation without a desktop cluttered with cables.
When asked in a recent survey, more than half of the Massachusetts-headquartered technology company's customers stated they were interested in wireless functionality in future 3D mice, but this kind of functionality has only become available now.
SpaceMouse is a wireless, easy-to-use 3D mouse that combines 3Dconnexion's patented six-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) sensor with optimised 3Dconnexion 2.4GHz wireless technology. The cutting-edge gadget has a battery life of up to one month (calculated with eight hours' usage a day) and when it does require recharging, the supplied micro-USB cable handles data and charging at the same time so users can connect and continue to work as normal.
Like other innovations from 3Dconnexion, SpaceMouse Wireless allows users to position 3D content or camera views smoothly, while using the standard mouse at the same time as a pointing device to select, create and edit. The end result is a more rewarding 3D experience, with proven gains in productivity and a reduction in repetitive strain injuries caused by repeated mouse-moving and clicking.
Vice-President of Products at 3Dconnexion Antonio Pascucci commented: "We are excited to introduce SpaceMouse Wireless, the world's first wireless 3D mouse. It's designed to meet the evolving needs of 3D software users by combining 3Dconnexion's superior 3D navigation experience with optimised 2.4GHz wireless technology for a real-time connection to digital 3D content and a clutter-free desktop."
The 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Wireless offers 3D software users the following benefits:
- Six-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) navigation. Gently manipulate the SpaceMouse Wireless' controller cap to simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate digital models or camera views for a smooth, intuitive 3D experience.
- 3Dconnexion 2.4GHz wireless technology. The SpaceMouse Wireless communicates with your computer via a micro-USB receiver (included) ensuring a discreet and reliable connection to your 3D content.
- One month of design on a single charge. The SpaceMouse Wireless' lithium-ion polymer battery lasts up to a month before it requires recharging. When it does, simply connect the micro-USB cable and continue working without interruption.
- Ease of use. Each of the SpaceMouse Wireless' two conveniently positioned buttons open their own on-screen radial menu for mouse click access to application commands.
- Modern design. The SpaceMouse Wireless sports a small footprint, high-quality construction and a stylish brushed steel base.
SpaceMouse Wireless has a suggested retail price of £109 and is available immediately from professional CAD resellers and major online resellers.