Autodesk has unveiled its portfolio of additive and subtractive manufacturing software at IMTS in Chicago, bringing together industry-leading products historically offered from Autodesk, Delcam, Netfabb, Pan Computing and Magestic Systems, in one complete set of hybrid manufacturing solutions.
The new portfolio includes; HSMWorks, Inventor HSM, Fusion 360, FeatureCAM, PowerMill, PartMaker now included in FeatureCAM,, PowerShape, PowerInspect and Netfabb. The collection spans computer aided manufacturing (CAM), additive manufacturing, composites, robotics fabrication, factory layout, inspection and modelling.
“Autodesk has long been a leader and innovator in 3D design, engineering and the technologies that expand the applications of industrial 3D printing, but we appreciate that no product is really complete until it’s realised through physical manufacture,” Amar Hanspal, senior vice president of products at Autodesk explained. “We’ve also become a leader in technologies that expand the applications of industrial 3D printing. Now, we’re truly integrating the design, make and use phases of product development. This new set of solutions goes big on the ‘make’ component - equipping manufacturers with all the software they need to go from digital design to real-world product.”
The portfolio offers cloud-connected capabilities designed to help users experience the benefits of a more cohesive manufacturing workflow and invest more time in product development.
Autodesk FeatureCAM swiss-type lathes.
What’s in the Autodesk manufacturing portfolio?
- Autodesk HSMWorks: A fully integrated CAM solution for SOLIDWORKS, allowing users to get up to speed and become productive within minutes using familiar tools and workflows.
- Autodesk Inventor HSM: Helps CNC programmers, designers and engineers rapidly produce machined parts designed in virtually any CAD system.
- Autodesk 2017 CAM Products: With offerings for a multitude of advanced manufacturing applications, these new products combine the heritage of industry leadership in CAM software from Delcam with Autodesk’s 3D design and manufacturing prowess. Solutions include FeatureCAM for automating CNC programming; PartMaker for precision part manufacturing with Swiss-type lathes; PowerMill for programming the most complex molds, dies and other components; PowerShape for preparing complex models for manufacture; and PowerInspect for inspection in every environment.
- Autodesk Netfabb: All the software you need to reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve part performance in additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
- Fusion 360: The centerpiece of Autodesk’s cloud-based product innovation platform, Fusion 360 combines CAD, CAM and CAE in a single package. It allows users to take their designs all the way to production with included 3D printing capabilities as well as HSM powered toolpath technology for 2 through 5 axis milling machines, turning centres and waterjets.
TCT is reporting from IMTS this week - follow our updates on @TheTCTMagazine for the latest additive manufacturing news.