TradeShow DudeThis guy's dusted off his suit and has that well-known 'tradeshow smile' — the smile worn on the face of a man who has made the most of his day out of the office.
If you do five things at TCT Live this year, let it be these:
- Wear good shoes — never, ever, wear new shoes to a tradeshow. Ever. And flats may not be flattering, but neither is carrying your heels by 11am.
- Drop the phone — put away your Blackberry for a few minutes and talk to someone face-to-face.
- Stick around — there are six shows co-located with TCT Live this year, so once you’re done there, why not go see someone in another show?
- See a presentation — from the Keynotes to the Tech Briefs, you’re guaranteed to learn something in the conference and seminars.
- Follow it up — tradeshows are superb for getting things started, but make sure you keep the cards and follow up on the conversations.
Are you a bit of a show legend? Got your own top tips for surviving and capitalising on the experience? Enlighten us all with your wisdom in the comments section below — best suggestion will be rewarded with free entry to TCT Live*.
*PS. it's always free, for everyone...