For one day only, leading digital manufacturer, Proto Labs, is teaming with Makerversity, a pioneering community of maker-businesses, to host Accelerating Innovation 2015. At Somerset House in Central London, a collective of makers will participate in an exclusive interactive series of master classes that uncover how designers, developers and engineers can accelerate their innovations into a physical reality.
- Understand design beyond ideas to the reality of prototyping and production
- Discuss how new technologies are shaping the possibilities of making today
- Option to critically discuss your project and receive invaluable, creative feedback
Masterclasses on the day:
Product Evolution Workshop
Taking your idea to market in record time with the evolution of prototyping techniques. In this interactive discussion, industry experts debate the issues of the day regarding product development.
The topics explored will include:
- With evolving prototyping techniques and a changing product development process, what are the key considerations for successful making?
- Injection moulding, CNC machining or additive manufacturing – what is the best manufacturing processes for your idea?
- The varied material types that are optimal for diverse industries and component geometry requirements.
- How to efficiently manage the challenges of modern product development projects while balancing with increased time pressures and financial constraints.
- Harnessing the impacts and synergies of product and manufacturing technologies
From Creators to Makers Workshop
Supporting Makers with product manufacturability tools
Join a fully interactive session with a hands-on demonstrations of the varied tools that are available today to facilitate better design. From virtual analysis and white papers to physical design aids, this work shop will support you through the decision making process.
- The Design Cube
- Injection Moulding Part Design for Dummies
- Bespoke interactive Design for Manufacture analysis (demo)
- Material Matter white paper
- Mould flow analysis (demo)
Making the Future Masterclass
This masterclass offers a discursive presentation of the newest manufacturing developments including an insider preview of what we can expect in the future. In addition, we provide an analysis of how we can exceed our customers’ expectations by capitalising on the latest technological advances.
- Debunking myths and establishing truths – what is additive manufacturing versus 3D Printing?
- How emerging capabilities and cloud collaboration can best meet bespoke customer requirements.
- What’s next for Makers and Manufacturers?
On the day Proto Labs are offering one creator the chance to win up to £1000 of additive or machining services.
To enter all you have to do is register for any of the workshops and you will automatically be entered into our prize draw. Winner will be announced on the day.