FROM PROTOTYPE TO PRODUCTION – WE PLATE THE UNPLATEABLE
At SAT Plating we have expanded the range of plateable polymers to include highly difficult-to-plate plastics such as ABS, Nylon (PA), ULTEM® (PEI), Mylar® (PET), PEEK, Kapton® (PAI) and Ryton® (PPS) materials, just to name a few.
This is made possible by SAT’s proprietary Surface Activation® process. This treatment enables us to improve the atomic structure of the polymer surface while using no abrasive blasting or hazardous chemical etching of the substrate. The result is superior adhesion of metal platings with no dimensional changes or erosion of fine details in rapid prototype or injection molded parts.
Surface Activation®, along with our collection of other Adaptive Plating Technologies™, can be selectively applied to rapid prototype, films, membranes, tubes, fiber and fabric configurations as well, allowing us to achieve best-in-class metal plating deposits for:
- Structural, functional and appearance finishes
- Superior adhesion of plated finishes
- More reliable product performance through time, temperature and other environmental variations
SAT Plating’s collection of Adaptive Plating Technologies™ including: Surface Activation™ | SelectPlate® | Multi-Shot Molded Plastic Processing | Printable Plating ensure:
- High-definition – selective plating of conductive surfaces, antennas, functional and appearance coatings
- Repeatability – ensuring high-quality and scale of production volumes
- Cost Savings – through expanded range of polymer and material choices and potential elimination of production steps
Our typical customer, industry and material segments are wide-ranging, and include:
MEDICAL | COMPUTERS | AEROSPACE | TELECOM | AUTOMOTIVE | APPLIANCE | FIREARM COMPONENTS
For more information on our Adaptive Plating Technologies™ along with the plastics we process, please visit our website at www.satplating.com . To learn more about the latest developments at SAT Plating, contact: Technical Sales at +1 248.273.0037 | email@example.com
SAT PLATING – MAKING PLASTICS PERFORM