New HandyPROBE Next allows CMM inspection anywhere on the factory floor.
Portable 3D measurement solutions manufacturer, Creaform, has launched a next-generation, optical-based contact inspection solution, the HandyPROBE Next portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
Built to address the increasing demands of rigorous quality control on the factory floor, the HandyPROBE Next features productivity and efficiency enhancements to allow users to carry out part inspections on production tools, jigs, assemblies, sub-assemblies and final products wherever they need to be performed.
- 2X more accurate measurements: Volumetric accuracy of 0.064 mm (0.0025 in.)—ASME B89.4.22 compliant—regardless of environment instabilities, thanks to TRUaccuracy technology
- Instant measurement: HandyPROBE Next’s wireless probe enables the instant capture of coordinates—all while being free of any rigid measurement setup to help manufacturers keep up with improved quality standards
- Greater, extendable measurement volume: Can be easily and dynamically extended—unlike measuring arms, which require conventional leapfrogging
- New ergonomic, sturdy design for shop-floor hardware reliability: Offers an enhanced user experience as well as profitable time and cost benefits for operators
- Available in Standard and Elite versions: Users can choose a model based on their specific needs
- And much more! Detailed information about the new functionalities and technical specifications are available on the website.
“Manufacturers are under increasing pressure to integrate more rigorous quality control operations into their production processes, while still maintaining the same efficiency,” explains Daniel Brown, Senior Product Manager at Creaform. “Aligned with today’s requirements for the efficient production of top-quality products, the HandyPROBE Next delivers versatility, shop-floor accuracy and portability, unlike articulated arms or fixed CMMs. The solution comprehensively addresses quality issues that, if left unattended, can lead to unwanted production and part approval delays, fabrication shortcomings and unexpected costs.”
As part of Creaform’s comprehensive quality control solution, shop-floor operators can add 3D scanning capabilities to their inspection sequence with the MetraSCAN 3D portable CMM scanner. The solution is also fully compatible with VXinspect, Creaform’s dimensional inspection software.