1 of 2
TCT Top 20
2 of 2
TCT Top 25 from 2007
Last time we ran a top 20, we ran a top 25... and the nominations were spread across Additive Manufacturing. Not much in the way of '3D printing' back then, a mark of how quickly the industry has evolved.
Over on our sister title, TCT, we have been running a poll of the most influential people in the 3D printing and additive manufacturing industries. Back when we started TCT in 1992, 3D printing as it exists today was only a glimmer in the most forward thinking technologists eye. Now the industry we started covering then has grown and diversified into a huge and varied behemoth.
The poll is your chance to recognise the person you believe is doing more than any other to drive forward this fascinating group of technologies.
There is still time to make your choice — it’s very close and any one of the top 7 or 8 nominations could still rise to the top. Here are some of the names in alphabetical order:
- Abe Reichental, 3D Systems
- Adrian Bowyer, Universtiy of Bath (RepRap Project)
- Alice Taylor, MakieLab
- Bre Petis, Makerbot
- Dr Phil Reeves, Econolyst
- Fried Vancraen, Materialise
- Gary Rabinovitz, Reebok & President of the AMUG
- Lisa Harouni, Digital Forming
- Peter Weijmarshausen, Shapeways
- Ping Fu, Geomagic
- Professor David Bourell, University of Texas at Austin
- Scott Phillips, Phillips Service Industries, Inc. (parent company of Sciaky, Inc.)
- Terry Wohlers, Wohlers & Associates
Some familiar names, some names we have never had before. Does this mark a shift in the industry, a shift in the marketing message or a bit of both. This is not the exhaustive list, but it’s very… focussed.
If you’re reading this you are interested in AM or 3D printing, so who informs your thinking the most? It could be a blogger, an industry commentator or the head of company. It could be a designer that you think is pushing the boundaries of the technology or an educator who is bringing the technology to the next generation.
To cast your vote please visit the SurveyMonkey page HERE.