The Robox Kickstarter Pitch
CEL, a British based product development company, today introduces Robox, its stylish, effective, and affordable 3D printer. Robox is the first printer of its kind and has been engineered for people to simply ‘plug and print’ so they can start bringing their designs to life at home or at work. Its cutting-edge dual- nozzle printing and bed-levelling technology means that Robox is one of the fastest and most reliable 3D printers available. To help bring the product to completion, Robox is also looking to raise £100,000 of Kickstarter funding to generate interest and support the final development of the product.
The Robox printer has been designed to be the simplest, most reliable, and comprehensive 3D printing platform on the market. At just £849 (RRP) it is also one of the more affordable 3D printers available, but without compromising on functionality or quality. Robox is easy to use and gives everyone the opportunity to bring their ideas to life – whether they are industry professionals, technology enthusiasts, artists, school children, or families. Key features of the Robox printer include:
• Easy to use: Robox is bringing 3D printing to a more mainstream audience by making the printer extremely easy to set-up and use – people simply choose the design they would like to print and press start. The Robox team has developed its own AutoMake software to ensure the simplicity and usability of the printer for both experts and novices alike.
• Reliable: Robox is extremely reliable and has been built to ensure that items are printed to the best quality. It features a proprietary bed probing mechanism that can automatically detect and correct the build platform to ensure it is always parallel and the first layer adheres evenly from the start. Additionally, the pioneering closed feedback loop, dual-pinch-wheel extrusion system, makes sure that the printing material is fed to the printer head evenly.
• Affordable: At £849 (RRP), Robox is one of the more affordable 3D printers on the market, but unlike other cheaper alternatives it doesn’t compromise on functionality or quality.
• Fast: Robox has a proprietary dual-nozzle system that can improve print speeds by up to 300% compared to other printers. This means that one nozzle is designed to print a detailed surface, while the other is able to fill in larger areas at a much higher speed. Its needle-valve system stops ‘ooze’ and ‘stringing’ from the nozzles, ensuring speed and quality.
• Future-proof: Robox has been designed so that it can continue to evolve in the future, so users don’t need to worry about buying a new printer in a few years. The addition of a second extruder allows dual-colour printing or the ability to print in different materials simultaneously. Its unique HeadLock system means that different heads can be quickly assembled to perform a range of different functions. This makes Robox not just a 3D printer but a micro-manufacturing system.
Chris Elsworthy, CEO of Robox, said: “3D printing has become increasingly popular in recent years, but we want to bring technology out of the industry and enthusiast community and into the mainstream. We set out to create the very best 3D printer that is both reliable and accessible to everyone. In Robox, we believe we have come up with a comprehensive micro-manufacturing solution that fits into any home or workplace environment. Now we want to make sure Robox gets into the hands of real users that will share their experiences and help feed back into the final development process. Our dream is to have a Robox in every classroom, office, and home – allowing every inventor, tinkerer, hacker, and parent to enjoy the benefits of 3D printing.”
Stay tuned for an exclusive TCT interview with CEL founder Chris Elsworthy.