1 of 3
AMUG vs TCT
2 of 3
AMUG conference, Vein Viewer in action
3 of 3
Todd Grimm at TCT LiveAnd the same sort of shenanigans take place at TCT Show too!
Let’s start with the similarities:
- Top-notch presentations from industry experts
- Attendees with a keen interest in 3D printing/additive manufacturing
- Leading companies exhibiting 3D printing products and services
- Rave reviews from all that attend
The differences are a bit more subtle. The AMUG Conference is:
- Smaller, more intimate.
- Attendees must already own/operate 3D printing/additive manufacturing equipment.
- It truly is a “users group”
- Small exhibitor expo rather than a large trade show.
- Hospitality – food and beverages from breakfast to dinner (and often later).
- And a big Awards Banquet gala.
- Hands-on workshops.
But the biggest difference, if we may be so bold, is that AMUG is more about how and why where TCT Live leans to what and who. The distinction is really quite simple: All AMUG attendees are users who are there to get and share information on how to do things better and how to avoid problems. Whatever your question or challenge, someone at the conference has “been there; done that,” and they are eager to share those experiences.