Newly named 2015 AMUD DINO award recipients.
The Additive Manufacturing Users Group (AMUG) today announced the recipients of DINO (Distinguished INnovator Operator) awards that recognise expertise and service within the additive manufacturing industry. The high honour has been bestowed upon eight influential figures in the industry and was presented at the 27th annual users group conference in Jacksonville, Florida last month. Take a look at our blog here for highlights from the event.
During the annual Awards Banquet, the association named eight new DINOs, an award that recognises industry veterans for years of experience as well as contributions back to the additive manufacturing industry.
The newly named DINOs are:
· Vince Anewenter, Milwaukee School of Engineering
· Derek Ellis, Computer Aided Technology, Inc.
· Andrew Graves, Stratasys Direct Manufacturing
· Steven Kossett, Natural Resources Research Institute, University of Minnesota
· Stephan Ritt, SLM Solutions
· Harold Sears, Ford Motor Company
· Ed Tackett, University of California, Irvine
· Mark Wynn, Yazaki North America
Mark Barfoot, AMUG president, commented; “This year’s DINO recipients have an average of nearly 20 years of experience in the additive manufacturing industry, but experience is only part of the criteria for this coveted award. To be a DINO, one must also give back to the industry, and these eight men have done that in a big way.”
The new DINOs have been active within the AMUG community in a variety of roles, including board members, ambassadors, advisors, presenters, technical competition participants, workshop leaders and track leaders. Outside of AMUG, the DINOs are equally active, and they contribute to the advancement of the additive manufacturing industry.