Muncaster Technologies, a CNC machining hardware start-up, is about to lead the subtractive machining technology industry into a new stage of its evolution with some serious competition for the high end professional market.
Launching at the DEVELOP3D Live last week the Muncaster S3 will be a catalyst in bringing about a new wave in rapid and efficient production of sophisticated parts and prototypes.
The Muncaster S3 delivers a compact solution to designers and engineers wanting clean, quiet, economic and most of all, faster capabilities from a CNC machine.
Unlike many traditional CNC machines, the Muncaster S3 will sit cleanly and comfortably in an office or studio just as well as it would in the workshop or on the shop-floor, with the ability to model high fidelity parts in metals, woods and polymers.
Compared to professional level 3D printing devices, the Muncaster S3 is also able to deliver components in production intent materials up to 60x faster and 10x more accurate than existing 3D printers with 10x lower running costs.
“The S3 is for those organisations looking to produce better prototypes and parts, faster and more cheaply, from common prototyping and production intent materials including prototype composites, aluminum, brass, acrylic, ABS or wood. We’ve designed the machine to give more people access to the speed, accuracy and low production costs of CNC machines – but without the dirt, noise and alarming complications,” says Lloyd Pennington, CEO at Muncaster Technologies.
“The machine has been developed to be accessible to non-machinists, so industrial designers can use it as a natural part of their working process. Along with our technical partners, we will make it increasingly easy to use in the future, so it becomes ever easier for designers to explore more possibilities, with the ultimate result being better product design,” continues Pennington.
The Muncaster S3 has been developed by an experienced UK based team with the best resources and is supported by Autodesk as part of its international strategic investment program.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼“We are in the midst of a tremendous change in how we design and make things. Some of the most significant and innovative technology developments will come from start-ups like Muncaster, who have already established new benchmarks for speed, low cost and accessibility, so Autodesk is excited to partner with Muncaster and help bring their technology to market,” commented Carl Bass, CEO, Autodesk.
MUNCASTER S3 SPECS
• Produces parts up to 600mm x 400mm x 200mm (23.6” x 15.7” x 7.8”)
• Up to 60x faster and 10x more accurate than existing 3D printers with 10x lower running costs (based on CNC machining a smart meter enclosure measuring 200m x 130mm x 55mm in polyurethane model board versus professional class FDM machine)
• Equipped with the powerful Autodesk Inventor HSM CAM system (HSMWorks for SOLIDWORKS users)
• Quieter and cleaner than anything in the current CNC market with its own vacuum cleaning system built in.
• Ease of use allows non-machinists to deliver parts on a machine that takes up 1m2 of office or workshop space.
• Once you have unpacked the S3, you can use the specially sourced packaging to mould parts and prototypes from, leaving no waste behind to clean up.
• Inside your S3 will be the tools that hand built it, so that our Maintenance Engineers have the tools they need for your machine, on hand and ready to use.
• The Muncaster S3 allows the creation of parts using production intent materials, including aluminium, brass, a range of polymers as well as common prototyping materials such as polyurethane model board
* Based on CNC machining a smart meter enclosure measuring 200m x 130mm x 55mm in polyurethane model board versus professional class FDM machine