This 12th incarnation of the software is packed with upgrades and features that further enhance the speed, accuracy and consistency for these organisations, in addition to coming with a new layer of specialised and unique features for machining and fabrication.
For decades, MTI Systems' Costimator program has provided manufacturers with a batter way for estimating and quoting parts more competitively.
Vice-President of Sales at the business David LaJoie commented: "Costimator V12 is now easier to use and more accessible for estimators than ever before.
"Now, the learning curve is significantly shorter - meaning not only will estimators get accustomed to how to use the software quicker, but they'll be able to reap the benefits of faster, more accurate estimates. When combined with our enhanced customisable cost model building tool, users have even more options to estimate parts 'their' way - a benefit that's hard to find in the cost estimating software industry."
Some of the numerous new features and improvements for Costimator mark II include:
- Updated Material Wizard. Users can account for material drop (scrap), minimum lot charges and surcharges.
- New/Updated Cost Models. Painting, Routing, Cycle Time Complete, Water jet, Laser, Shearing, End Facing, Surface work.
- Updated Auto Attachment Feature. This time-saving feature now offers an automatic attachment feature to any detail connected to a work center. Examples now include cost models, tools, assemblies, purchased items and custom 'on-the-fly' or miscellaneous entries.
- New Solidworks Integration. Suppliers and OEMs who use this CAM software to view part prints can instantly paste dimensional data into Costimator, saving time and reducing errors otherwise attributed to data entry misfortunes.
- Updated Work Centre Rates. New manufacturing labour rates have been added or updated to the work centre database offering OEMs new options to cost parts made in over 31 countries and nine regions in the US.
- Enhanced Data Import Utility and Export Designer Utility. Users can now import data into cost model tables, as well as complete parts, and the export utility provides additional reporting options, offering greater report preparation flexibility.
- Updated Part Information Screen. More flexibility when working with custom fields as well as viewing more information within single windows provides time-saving enhancements and offers more ways to compare part details when seeking the best low-cost approach.