Custom Ring Creator
When it comes to making things, we can all buy the tools or use the services but how many of us can do the design work needed to bring an idea to life? Luckily these are exciting times we live in, and clever people all over the world are making it easier to turn the ideas in your head into, for example, the ring on your finger.
Shapeways' Custom Ring Creator is one such magical highway to design stardom. The huge community has already come up with some basic templates that you can add your own creative touch to. When you've built up your confidence, why not try to make one of your own from scratch!
If you're a sucker for the details, you can see exactly what you can get up to below:
Built on top of our new API, the app is pretty intuitive, but for anyone interested in the specs, here's whats possible...
- Customize existing template patterns or create and upload your own pattern with a jpg image
- Adjust ring measurements such as size, height, background, and thickness with easy to use sliders
- Size = Slider that uses US jewelers sizes in a range of 4-14 to pick the diameter of the ring. (Find your US ring size here)
- Height = "Width" of the ring
- Background = "Thickness” of the ring band (if applied behind the pattern)
- Thickness = "Thickness" of the pattern, or how high the pattern will sit off the band
- Add borders to the ring by adjusting top and bottom border sliders
- Engrave rings with a solid background with your custom text
- Choose a material that fits your budget including sterling silver
- Check your ring for printability instantaneously through our printability visualization tool