Cube 3D printers
The wait is nearly over. 3D Systems has announced the availability of the hotly-anticipated Cube 3 and CubePro 3D printers is just a few weeks away.
After unveiling the latest in the 3D printing industry giant's desktop machine repertoire at International CES in January, the latest incarnations of the highly successful Cube series will hit shelves in the second half of June 2014 and both machines are available to pre-order on Cubify.com.
The Cube 3 and CubePro are billed as being the desktop 3D printers that will take consumer access to this cutting-edge technology up a gear, enabling designers, students, makers and anybody else with an interest in 3D printing to produce multi-colour, multi-material models at a 70 mµ resolution. Moreover, the machines offer quick printing speeds and have the capability to print "on-the-go" by sending jobs to the machine via smartphone using the Cubify mobile app, which will launch when the first new Cubes ship.
Here's what 3D Systems has to say about the Cube 3 and CubePro:
The Cube 3 is the only dual material, plug-and-play, kid-safe certified 3D printer that is also the easiest and most affordable printer in its class at $999 (£592, €729). The Cube comes with two starter cartridges in neon green and white and 25 designs to get printing quickly.
Cube 3 Features:
- Print Fast, Print More – The Cube 3 delivers up to 2x faster print speed and accuracy than competitors for printed parts up to 6" cubed. 70 mµ-layer thinness giving prints smoothness and fine detail for textures at the highest resolution available in consumer 3D printing today.
- Simultaneous Dual Colour + Multi-Material = More Choice – The Cube now prints in two materials and two colors, simultaneously using compostable PLA and recyclable ABS plastics. Both materials are available in 23 different colour cartridges. The Cube offers a choice of print mode fill density: hollow, strong and almost solid in both PLA and ABS plastics with optional, easy breakaway supports for the most complex prints.
- Instant Load Cartridge - Instant material loading is now easier than changing an ink cartridge. The new non-clog technology and moisture-lock cartridges ensure extended shelf life and total material usage, improving print quality and sustainability. The printer detects material type automatically based on the cartridge, eliminating the need to change print settings. The cartridges are easy to load and store while preserving the life and quality of the materials.
- Kid-Safe for Everyone – The Cube meets all IEC 60950 Printer Safety Requirements, making it the only consumer 3D printer that is kid-safe for the home and classroom.
- Convenience in the Palm of Your Hand - Enjoy the freedom of mobile printing directly from the Cubify app for iOS and Android. Find new things to print in the curated brand collections or browse the Design Feed for inspiration to add to your Shelf. Prep and print from your smartphone direct to the Cube.
- Easier to Use, Sleeker Design – Building on its iconic design, the new Cube features a colour touchscreen with an intuitive user interface and sleek LEDs highlighting prints in action and is equipped with faster Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, an auto-leveling printpad and easy support removal on complex prints.
- Sustainable Systems – 3D Systems is committed to making consumer 3D printing affordable, safe and sustainable. Send back empty cartridges to designated 3D Systems locations for reuse in exchange for a discount on new cartridges and return used ABS and PLA prints for responsible recycling or composting by 3D Systems. All Cubes will be shipped from local distribution centers reducing freight. Cube comes with a proprietary print pad that conserves power compared to other 3D printers.
The professionally capable CubePro is the only triple material, controlled print chamber, engineer’s desktop 3D printer, that starts at $2,799 making it an affordable tool for the garage entrepreneur at home, independent designer and engineer’s desktop.
- Print Big, Print Fast – Print more and faster with the largest-in-class print platform, high-resolution prints and quick set up. With prints 2.5 times larger than any other desktop prosumer and hobbyist printer (10.8” x 10.45” x 9.5” or 275 mm x 265 mm x 240 mm), and guaranteed faster, more precise prints with easy feed cartridges for prolonged material life.
- Print Precise, Print Professional - Ultra high-resolution settings of 70 mµ -hin print layers, professional quality printing has never been so easy and fast. Choose automated slicing settings for quick draft prints or utilise Advanced Mode to set custom infill patterns, inner and outer surface layer sizing and outer wall thinness.
- Controlled Print Chamber – Controlled process environment ensures true to CAD prints and delivers professional quality every time. Automated settings deliver safe home printing in your mancave, on your workbench and at your desktop.
- Triple Colour + Materials = Thousands of Options – Available in three print head configurations, CubePro allows users to get more expressive with 3D printing in up to three simultaneous colours and more colour options. In addition to ABS and PLA plastic, CubePro also supports a new engineering grade nylon material, perfect for end-use applications, making it a very versatile engineering and hobbyist printer.
- Connect Better – Connect intuitively through an easy-to-use colour touchscreen display and Wi-Fi capability.
- Sustainable Systems – 3D Systems is committed to making prosumer 3D printing affordable, safe and sustainable. Send back empty cartridges to designated 3D Systems locations for reuse in exchange for a discount on new cartridges and return used ABS, Nylon and PLA prints for responsible recycling or composting by 3DS. CubePros will be shipped from local distribution centers reducing freight. The new CubePro comes with a proprietary print pad that conserves power compared to other 3D printers.
The Cube 3 and CubePro desktop 3D printers are now available for pre-order. Cube 3 starts at easy-to-own $999 and CubePro at $2,799. Full technical specs for the Cube 3 and CubePro are available online.