The 3D printing industry is one peppered with acronyms – SLS, DLP, SLA, CLIP, DSLM, SLM, FDM, FFF, STL, 3MF – there’s one abbreviation that’s nothing to do with a technology we hear a lot at TCT (there’s another); NDA.
We’re often told at TCT that machine manufacturers, service bureaux, software developers etc. have this amazing customer or application, only then to be told “but we can’t talk about it”, this is exemplified by Prodways’ latest press release in which you can tell their parent company want to shout from the rooftops that their technology is being applied by ‘x’.
The French manufacturer of MOVINGLight, a proprietary technology based on Moving DLP and strong UVA LEDs, has reported a strong growth in sales and interest from a number of high-flying users. Below is a list of recent activities from Prodways’ parent company Group Gorgé, which they say proves that this venture is bearing fruit:
- An international group based in North America, which ordered 3 machines, used in R&D and in production. This group is likely to renew other orders;
- A European 3D printing expert, which is now equipped with 3 machines;
- Several “Service Bureaux” have incorporated MOVINGLight technology as an alternative to conventional stereolithography techniques; they include one of the three leading Service Bureaux worldwide;
- Four key dental companies are using one or more machines for dental model applications, orthodontic devices, R&D, etc.;
- Several major groups in the aeronautical sector have purchased machines, in particular for R&D applications relevant to engines, with medium-term production prospects;
- Several R&D institutes have purchased machines and materials to develop new applications;
- Chemical groups have also purchased machines to explore the possibilities of MOVINGLight technology regarding the use of new materials in 3D printing;
- The jewellery industry (for which one customer is already using our machines) also has interesting production potential.
Prodways is bringing its MOVINGLight technology to this year’s TCT Show + Personalize (Booth B30), if you register here you might get chance to prise some more information out of the team. If you don’t catch the team in Birmingham Prodways is also exhibiting at this year’s formnext powered by TCT in Frankfurt, November.